CTH Level 4 Diploma program provides an understanding of fundamental operational aspects and a knowledge of the key management principles involved. Diploma level courses combine practical career-based elements with a number of essential underpinning management disciplines that will be invaluable as the student’s career progresses.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Students must be at least 17, have completed secondary education (UK Level 3 equivalent) and have English IELTS 5.5 equivalent. Students should also have demonstrable study skills.
Upon completion of the programme the candidates are qualified to enter a variety of tourism sectors including: travel agencies, tour companies, airlines, cruise lines, hotels, government tourism departments, resorts, and many other related companies. This qualification also equips students to start and run his/her tourism enterprise.
COURSE CONTENTS (7 Units)
1. Finance in Tourism & Hospitality - An essential understanding of income generation, cost control, budgeting and the interpretation of financial information.
2. Customer Service Management in Tourism & Hospitality - Customer expectations, service standards, performance, communication, complaint resolution and quality systems.
3. Global Tourism and Hospitality - An exploration of the scope of the industry, the various activities within it and its position in relation to the world market
Hospitality stream specialist modules - CTH Level 4 Diploma in Hospitality Management.
4. Rooms Division Operations - An understanding of front office/reception, advance reservations, cashiering, guest relations, switchboard, concierge, portering, housekeeping, laundry, linen room, maintenance and security.
5. Rooms Division Supervision - Evaluation of Rooms Division effectiveness, supervision of operations & management of performance.
Assessment: Work-based or Assignment
6. Food & Beverage Operations - Restaurant concepts & trends, kitchen layouts, catering requirements, hygiene, food storage, table layout, timetables, bills and presentation.
7. Food & Beverage Supervision - Evaluation of Food & Beverage operational effectiveness, supervision of operations & management of performance.
Assessment: Work-based or Assignment
- Course Duration: 6 MONTHS.
- Course Days: MON-SAT.
- Course Timings – 10:00HRS – 16:00HRS
- Type of Exam: Closed book written 3- hour examination or assignment/work assessment -based, 3 written examinations and remaining 4 work -based/assignment as per the CTH examination calendar.
- Exam Venue: Skyline University Nigeria
- NAIRA 1,250,000/- (For complete program)
- The fees are inclusive of SUN registration fees, SUN tuition fees, CTH registration and assessment fees as applicable
- The fees are subject to change and non-refundable as per the refund policy
Last date to register
- One week prior to start of course.
- 2 Passport size photographs.
- International Passport/NIN/National Identity.
- Fee as specified in Fee Policy.
- Minimum Senior Secondary School Certificate.
- CTH L3 Certificate.
- High School Certificate, GCSEs or O-levels.
- For course canceled by Institution:
o 100% refund of course fee.
- For course canceled by student:
o 10% of the total fees and the amount used for CTH payment will be deducted before the commencement of course.
o No refund after the commencement of course.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Course schedule and exam dates are subject to change.
- Conduct of classes is subject to a minimum number of students enrolled.
- Conduct of morning/evening batches is subject to a minimum number of students enrolled. In case of cancellation of either of the batches, registered students would be shifted to available batch. Student should refer to fee refund policy, in case he/she is not willing to shift the batch.
- Courses offered during the holy month of Ramadan would have different timings. Student should contact administration/CPD for new timings.