This programme is aimed at people who wish to gain access to first year selected university Degrees, or to CTH Level 4 Diploma programmes. It is also a free-standing qualification for those seeking to enter employment at team member level.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This is an open- access qualification. However students should typically be at least 16 years old, and have completed secondary education. Students should also have basic study skills. International students may choose to combine this programme with CTH’s English for Hospitality & Tourism programme.
Hospitality & tourism is the world’s single biggest industry, covering everything from international airlines and global hotel chains right down to small family-run restaurants and private tour guiding. The career options are huge and varied. This preliminary Foundation Diploma course is the first step towards an exciting career.
COURSE CONTENTS (5 Units)
1. Essentials of Human Resources & Business Computing in Tourism & Hospitality - An understanding of the organization of staff in tourism and hospitality.
2. Essentials of Marketing & Customer Relationships in Tourism & Hospitality - An introduction to marketing, sales and customer relationships in the tourism and hospitality industry.
3. Tourism & Hospitality Industry - An overview of the different characteristics and types of hotel and food service providers.
4. Essentials of Tourism & Hospitality Operations - Including front office, housekeeping, food and beverage operations, destination analysis and tour guiding.
Assessment: Work-based or Assignment
5. Essentials Study Skills - Academic communication, writing assignments and making presentations.
Assessment: Assignment (70%) & Presentation (30%)
- Course Duration: 6 MONTHS
- Course Days: MON-SAT
- Course Timings: 10:00HRS – 16:00HRS
- Type of Exam: Closed book written 3- hour examination or assignment/work assessment based, 2 written examinations and remaining 3 assignment based as per the CTH examination calendar.
- Exam Venue: Skyline University Nigeria
- NAIRA 1,000,000/- (For complete program)
- The fees are inclusive of SUN registration fees, SUN tuition fees, CTH registration and assessment fees as applicable
- The fees are subject to change and are non-refundable
Last date to register.
- One week prior to start of course.
- 2 Passport size photographs.
- International Passport/NIN/National Identity.
- Fee as specified in Fee Policy.
- Minimum Secondary School Certificate.
- For courses canceled by Institution:
o 100% refund of course fee.
- For courses canceled by students:
o 10% of the total fees and the amount used for CTH payment will be deducted before the commencement of course.
o No refund after the commencement of course.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Course schedule and exam dates are subject to change.
- Conduct of classes is subject to s minimum number of students enrolled.
- Conduct of batches is subject to s minimum number of students enrolled. In case of cancellation of either of the batches, registered students would be shifted to available batch. Student should refer to fee refund policy, in case he/she is not willing to shift the batch.
- Courses offered during the holy month of Ramadan would have different timings. Student should contact administration/CPD for new timings.