School of Post Graduate Studies (SPGS)
Ph.D. Computer Science
The use of technology has increased over the years, eventually leading to an increase in demand for computer science. Nowadays, the CS department is a must for every organization. The Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science (Ph.D-CS) programme takes an applied approach to computer science theory and research. Research scholars will get hands on experience, explore advanced topics, learn the very latest concepts and have the opportunity to propose their own research. They will also be able to build a portfolio of work while completing their doctoral studies.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of diverse current and advanced topics in computer science, encompassing both fundamental and cutting-edge concepts.
- Foster the ability to independently conduct and contribute to significant research in the field of computer science, demonstrating originality, innovation and rigorous methodology.
- Cultivate the skills to analyse, synthesize and critically evaluate information from various sources, enabling the formulation of logical and well-reasoned arguments in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Promote a mind-set of continuous self-learning and staying abreast of emerging scientific and engineering trends, equipping research scholars with the capability to propose novel computational techniques and models to address complex problems.
- Enhance the proficiency in effectively communicating and presenting research findings and technical materials, both in written and oral formats, to diverse audiences, ensuring clarity, coherence and impact.
- Acquire a deep understanding of core computer science concepts, theories and principles.
- Identify research gaps and formulate original research ideas in the field of computer science.
- Develop strong information literacy skills to identify and evaluate relevant sources of information.
- Stay updated with the latest scientific and engineering trends and tools in the field of computer science.
- Enhance oral communication skills to effectively present research findings and technical concepts to diverse audiences.