The Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees (BOT) is responsible for overseeing the institution’s overall performance and determining the strategic goals, objectives and direction of the institution. The board is also responsible for approving and periodically reviewing the vision and mission statements, as well as strategic plans. Herein, all persons associated with the institution must faithfully subscribe to the vision and mission. The board insists that alternative strategies and plans be considered and that considerations be given to regional and societal changes that impact the institution.
The BOT’s mandate is to govern the institution by establishing appropriate governance structures, which enable Skyline University Nigeria (SUN) to achieve educational effectiveness, academic excellence and appropriate financial stability. The board consists of seven (7) members, which includes the Founding President of Skyline University College (SUC) as the Chair, and one member of the board as the convener of the BOT, who is also appointed as the chair of Governing Council (GC). The board is also responsible for the appointment of the GC, which includes the convener of the Governing Council (GC) as Pro-Chancellor (Pro-C).
Goals and Objectives
The Goals of BOT in SUN are to:
- Establish suitable governance structures for the University.
- Ensure SUN achieves its vision, mission and financial stability.
- Appoint or remove the members of the GC.
- Appoint or remove governing members.
- Review and approve strategic plans of the institution.
- Review and approve budgets to facilitate institutional effectiveness and academic excellence.
- Review the risk management plan and audited financial statements.