School of Arts, Management & Social Sciences (SAMSS)
Programmes offered by the School of Arts, Management & Social Sciences
Skyline University Nigeria (SUN), under the faculty of School of Arts, Management & Social Sciences (SAMSS) conducts undergraduate programmes leading to the award of Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in International Relations; Tourism and Hospitality Management; Accounting; Entrepreneurship and Innovation; Business Administration; Economics and Mass Communication. These courses are equipped to meet the needs of dynamic local, regional, national and global business environments. Students studying in SAMSS will be exposed to different subjects in the disciplines of Arts, Management and Social Sciences, which will help them become good professionals.
Higher education is a fundamental vehicle for economic and social development of every nation, and Nigeria is no exception. It is meant to help the country build up capacity to develop and manage its resources, alleviate poverty, and also close the educational, economic and political gap from that of the developed world. Nigeria gained independence since October 1960, it therefore needs a well-educated workforce to enhance its developmental processes and self-sufficiency.
With increasing globalization, information and knowledge-based economy, creativity, innovation and entrepreneurship are key skills which can sustain social development and support national competitiveness. University education in Nigeria has the capacity to provide the needed manpower with the required skills to accelerate socio-economic development. Hence, this creates an opportunity for Skyline University Nigeria to provide an atmosphere for better academic freedom, culture and research that can provide platforms for liberal education, which enhances young people for a prosperous future.
The university also foster a pragmatic link with industry, government, NGOs and the civil society at large, adapting its scholars with practical solutions to the local and global developmental challenges of today’s world.
- To improve skills in effective business communication, problem solving, decision making, computer literacy and numerical capabilities
- To stimulate high-order thinking skills among students, who are required to be at their best and specialize in their respective areas of study
- To develop competitive skills and competencies in students through meaningful industry interactions, thereby improving their employability
- To provide a conducive value-based learning environment to the students during their studies, and inculcate in them, a habit of lifelong independent growth and development.
- Demonstrate an understanding of various concepts in different subject areas like; Language, Arts, Management and Social Sciences
- Explain the relationship between business, culture, values, ethics and services to communities
- Inculcate critical inquiry, logical thinking, and use of analytical skills to solve problems in industry and society
- Synthesize theories and practice within the spheres of respective subjects for effective application for the benefit of society.
SUN ensures that the SAMSS curriculum is distinctive and superior in nature. It significantly extends knowledge and nurtures intellectual maturity by empowering an individual to probe the depths of knowledge and specialize in relevant skills with a sense of creative independence. The student is thus enabled to accomplish the goals anticipated in the programme and transfer them to professional areas. SUN endeavors to link all SAMSS programme and transfer their knowledge to professional areas of the real world. SUN endeavours to link all SAMSS programmes to industry/organization through internships/SIWES and research works.
The SAMSS programmes are carefully planned, directly related and appropriate to the mission and purposes of the institution, as well as the goals and objectives of the respective degree programmes. In the aspect of programme instruction, SUN adequately supports and critically evaluates experimental and teaching methodologies to improve adherence to instructions, and ensures that each student enrolled in the course receives a Course Delivery Package (CDP) on the first day of the class. The package is mainly:
- Credit hours
- Course description
- Learning outcomes
- Course contents
- Academic strategies
- Course policies
- Class Schedule
- Additional Reading
- Mode, Nature and Scope of Assessment
- Information on core text book.
Moreover, SUN uses regular evaluation of all courses, instructional pedagogy and feedback through a well-developed Institutional Effectiveness System to checkmate knowledge inculcation.