Faculty Members Details
Dr. Sudha Mavuri
She has over 25 years of experience in teaching, research in the subject areas of economics and entrepreneurship and it also includes 10 years of experience in academic leadership. She has held positions like Principal, Director, Chairperson Student Affairs, and Chairperson-Gender Sensitization Committee in reputed academic institutions in India during her past employment. She has taught in prominent colleges affiliated to Andhra University, ICFAI Group, and GITAM University in India. During the period she has taken various initiatives in the areas of student empowerment, design and plan of social responsibility activities, intellectual capital building, capacity building and institutional development.
Additional roles and responsibilities handled over these years in the areas of academic leadership:
- Research Guidance and adjudication
- Student engagement, empowerment and Development Activities
- Resource person for FDPs/MDPs/Consultancy
- Content Development, curriculum design and Programme Designing
- Involved in various value added outbound activities like community development activities,
- Social projects and summer internship projects for both faculty and students.
Publications and Research experience: She has a unique mix of disciplines in her research works and her research revolves around sustainable development. Her major research works are in the areas of environmental economics, sustainable development goals and social entrepreneurship. She has above 15 international research papers publication in her credit and attended many international conferences.
- Economics (Developmental Economics and Environmental Economics)
- Entrepreneurship (esp. Social Entrepreneurship)
- Sustainable Development
- Consumer Behavior
1. K.Sreekanth, M Jyothsna, A. Subramanyam, M. Sudha (2020) Consumer’s Attitude towards packaged food labels in GIS Science Journal, Vol 7, Issue 10, October 2020, ISSN No – 1869-9391, paper ID – GSJ/1926, (UGC Care II)
2. P. Manjushree, M Sudha, N. Lalitha (2020) Economic impact of COVID-19 on Indian Economy - Government measures to contain the pandemic (Manuscript No: JCR-2020-08-6724), Journal of Critical Reviews, Aug 2020.
3. N. Lalitha, K. Sandhyavani, M Sudha (2020) Relevance Of MVA And Tobin’s Q Model as an Investment Decision Tool, Journal of Critical Reviews, 7(19), 2593-2602,
4. Mavuri S, Chavali K, Ajithkumar VV (2020) “A study on imperative innovation eco system linkages to map Sustainable Development Goal 9” in IEEE conference edition of Xplore, June 04,2020 IEEE Xplore, IEEE (Scopus)
5. Chavali.K and Mavuri. S (2020) “Perception Of Educated Citizens On Aadhar Card As A Tool For Efficient E-Governance In India -A Conceptual Model”, Reviews, eISSN: 2395-6518, Vol 8, No 3 ,2020, pp 122-130 (Date of Publication – May 2020). https://doi.org/10.18510/hssr.2020.8314
6. Manjushree. P, Mavuri. S, and Jyothsna. M (2020) “Challenges for Economic Growth in India – A Critique”, Journal of Critical Reviews ISSN- 2394-5125 Vol 7, Issue 7, 2020 (Date of Publication – May, 2020). (Scopus)
7. Mavuri. S, Manjushree Paruchuru, & M. Jyothsna (2020) Correlation between Environment Related Sdgs 6,7 And 15 Indexes Of 2018 And Selected Socio-Economic And Demographic Indicators Across Various States In India – A Cross Section Analysis, Journal of Critical Reviews, Vol 7, Issue – 5, Pg 539-544. (Date of Publication – April, 2020). (Scopus) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.31838/jcr.07.05.113
8. Sudha Mavuri, Manjushree P and Jyothsna. M (2019) Non-Performing Assets of Indian Banks and Measures to control NPAs” Theme 1 - Economic growth, International Trade and ‘Make in India: Global and domestic challenges, Indian Economic Journal (Special Issue) , December,2019.
9. M.Jyothsna, M.Sudha and Susmitha M (2019) A study on children's perception towards advertisement and its influence on family purchase decision with reference to the city of Visakhapatnam, International Journal of Scientific Research and Review (IJSRR), Vol 8, Issue 5, May 2019. Impact Factor – 6.1, 1600-1612 (UGC Care).
10. M. Sudha, M. Jyothsna and P. Manjushree (2018) A comparative study on Correlation between growth and status of Sustainable Development Goal 6 - Access to Drinking Water and Sanitation in Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) during 2008 to 2015 in the Centenary Second Conference (101st Annual Conference) of the Indian Economic Association, December 2018
11. M. Sudha, P. Manjushree and M. Jyothsna (2017) Content analysis of status of environmental sustainability of Asian region to build a model to design workable sanitation Programmes for Indian Economy 100th IEA Conference Journal, IEA, December 2017
12. P. Manjushree, M.Sudha and M. Jyothsna (2017) The process of Primary Schooling in Rural India 100th Annual Conference Journal, IEA , December 2017
13. M. Sudha and N. Lalitha (2017) A Study on customer preference towards retail credit and preferred channels of banking” in Journal of Advanced Management Research, 5(5) (special Issue), ISSN:2393-9664, Impact factor : 4.73
14. Manjushree .P , M. Sudha and M. Jyothsna (2017) Public Private Partnership in School Education: Role of the Akshaya Patra in Mid Day Meal Scheme in Visakhapatnam City’, Journal of The Indian Economic Association on AP’s Economy, December 2016, Pg. No. 283 – 291, ISSN 0019-4662.
15. Chavali.K, Ajithkumar VV and M. Sudha (2015) Vulnerability of Indian Health Insurance Industry to Frauds”, European Journal of Economics, Finance and Administrative Sciences, Issue 73 .Impact Factor -0.16 (Scopus)
16. M. Jyothsna and M. Sudha (2014) “Art of identifying potential talent and leadership – the key to competitive advantage” in Asia Pacific Journal of Research, Vol:1, Issue XVIII, October 2014. Impact Factor-0.472
17. M.Sudha (2012) Transformation of Andhra Pradesh and Its scope to contribute to inclusive growth, Indian Economic Journal of AP’s Economy, IEA Conference, December 2012.
18. Mavuri S (2011) Impact of Education and Income on Awareness Creation and Buying Decision in case of Solar Products in Visakhapatnam, India in World Journal of Business, Vol 1, 2011,
19. M. Sudha and Ratnam. C (2004) Structural Changes in the Indian Industry In terms of pollution Intensity in book Chapter in edited Prof G. Ramachandrudu and Dr. M. Prasad Rao, Serial publications, 2004.
A total of 25 conference / seminars attended at both national and international level. Significant conferences of them are:
1. Presented a paper tittled A Comparative Sectoral Performance Analysis Of Indian Stocks And Global Stock Market Indices During Pre And Post Covid 19 Pandemic Nationwide Lockdown in ICMB Conference 2021, 23rd March 2021, Skyline University College, Sharjah,UAE.
2. Presented a paper titled Impact of COVID-19 on Muscat Securities Market - An Empirical Evidence in ICMB Conference 2021, 23rd March 2021, Skyline University College, Sharjah,UAE.
3. Presented a paper entitled A Performance Study Of Indian States With Respect To SDG 11 Goals Before And During Covid 19 – A Cross Section Analysis in the Indian Economic Association (Regd.)(Online/Offline) 103rd Annual Conference December 27th – 29th, 2020 Hosted By Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra (U.P.) India
4. Presented a paper on A Study on Imperative Innovation Eco-system Linkages to Map Sustainable Development Goal 9 at International Conference On Digitization - Theme: Landscaping Artificial Intelligence organized by IEEE, ICD, held at Dubai, UAE,18th – 19th November 2019
5. Presented a paper on A Study on the Issues and Challenges across Various States in India to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goal 3 – Good Health and Well Being at the International Conference on Business Management and Social Innovation (ICBMSI) held in Doha, Qatar on 09 June, 2019.
6. Presented a paper titled Perception of Educated Citizens on Aadhar Card as a tool for Effective and Efficient E Governance in India in the 7th SGBED Research Symposium, Skyline University, Sharjah, UAE on 17th to 19th of December, 2018.
7. Presented a paper on A Cross Country Study of Asia Pacific Region on the Nexus between Poverty and Environment With special reference to the seventh goal of Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) - Ensure Environmental Sustainability’ in 4th International Conference on Business and Management-Fin-Tech Driven Age (ICBM) to be held in March 26-27, 2017 at Skyline University College, Sharjah, UAE.
8. Presented a paper on Impact of Education and Income on Awareness Creation and Buying Decision in case of Solar Products in Visakhapatnam, INDIA in Business and Social Science Research International Conference, Jan 3rd and 4th, 2011, Dubai, UAE
9. Presented a paper titled Developments on Energy and CO2 Debate at National Seminar on Power, Violence and Society conducted by Academy of social science at its 26th Social Science Congress in Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, January, 2002.
• Women Empowerment for Organizational Excellence, workshop conducted for employees (second level management) of Naval Dockyard, India, 2018.
• Women empowerment on Prevention of Sexual Harassment at Workplaces and Gender Sensitization (for employees), Port Trust of India, 2017.
SIGNIFICANT INDUSTRY PROJECTS
- Principal investigator for “BIAC (BRANDIX India Apparel City Pvt. Ltd.) HR Department Optimum size and Process Standardization” consultancy project study.
- Investigator in research project of Village Development - Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, MHRD, India.
- Expert Panel Member in expert’s group meeting on technology evaluation methodologies proposed by Dr. Jitendar Sharma, Executive Director, KIHT supported by Department of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, September, 2018.
• Winner of Salamathunisa Rolling Trophy for the Best student in Economics in the year 1988, University College for Women, Osmania University.
• Best Faculty in Economics at National Economics Faculty Development Workshop conducted in the year 2004 by INC-ICFAI - HQ, India.
POSITIONS & MEMBERSHIPS IN PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Vice Chairwoman – Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) - Indian Women Network (IWN) Andhra Pradesh State for the year 2021-22.
- Convener – Leadership for CII-IWN Andhra Pradesh State for the year 2020 -21.
- Life Member, Indian Economic Association
- Life Member, Andhra Pradesh Economic Association