School of Post Graduate Studies (SPGS)
Ph.D. Entrepreneurship programme prepares the scholars for a career where they can use their skills as professionals in the field of entrepreneurship, suitable to research and academic professions. Scholars will be trained to think like entrepreneurs who can find a problem, develop a solution which has marketability and take calculated risks by understanding the dynamics of a competitive business world. They are focused on business idea generation and making the best of opportunities to craft their own business operation. This programme will blend research and entrepreneurship to create new opportunities and entrepreneurial skills. Upon completion of this programme, scholars will be prepared to meet the demands of the labour market and build careers in academia, corporates, startups and also create their own enterprise. Scholars will also gain skills to train and empower their communities with a growth mindset.
- The programme aims to develop scholars’ research skills and expertise in the field of entrepreneurship.
- Scholars learn advanced research methodologies, data collection/analysis techniques and how to conduct independent and rigorous research in various areas of entrepreneurship.
- D. programme in Entrepreneurship focuses on comprehensive understanding of various aspects of entrepreneurship, including entrepreneurial mindset, opportunity identification, business model innovation, entrepreneurial finance, venture creation and growth strategies.
- The programme encourages scholars to explore interdisciplinary approaches from disciplines such as economics, sociology, psychology, management, sustainability and technology to enrich their research and contribute to interdisciplinary entrepreneurship research.
- The programme aims to prepare scholars to make original contributions to the field of entrepreneurship through their research.
- Develop the knowledge, analytical skills and build innovative/entrepreneurial skills.
- Train scholars to understand real and complex business problems for effective decisions.
- Scholars will learn to make their own business propositions and make new start-ups.
- It will teach scholars how to lead people, create business opportunities, understand and influence consumers.
- Scholars will become more competitive in the labour market with the knowledge and the skills to build careers in academia, industry and community development.
- Equip scholars with real-world experience in analyzing the potentials of technology and putting forth innovative commercialization ideas suitable for local as well as global markets.